Saturday, December 5, 2015

Dear "Brown Eyes"


I miss you.

I miss YOU, so much.

It hurts, and I just pray you're okay.
That you stopped doing reckless things..
So that one day I don't have to get a bad
phone call from your mom.

The other night I was with this boy, but
it didn't seem fair.
Because everything brought me back to you..
And the stranger beside me who's nothing
more than a friend,
He doesn't deserve this..
To have me pretend he's in my head, when
really I'm thinking of you.

So please answer the phone because I don't
want this to be the last time.
I regret having to leave so suddenly, but
believe me, the moment I was gone my heart
ached and I yearned to hear you nearby.

Because we seem to go in circles and
every time I'm back,
I have to wait while you catch up.
But I think I took this pattern for granted,
Because what if..

"I can't come back tonight, I'm sorry"

     was the last I'll ever say to you.

And everything stimulating my senses pulls
memories back from the dark of all we've
done.

and I hate it.

I hate it.
I hate it.
I HATE IT.



Simply because the emotion is a lot bigger
      than the three words "I miss you"

1 comment: